Download and install Messenger Lite: Free Calls & Messages APK for Chromebook
Download the latest version of Messenger Lite APK for Chromebook. Yes, there is a way to install Messenger Lite on Chromebook. Messenger Lite is developed by Facebook, you can download and use it on your Chromebook for free.
Messenger Lite description from Facebook
A fast and data-efficient messaging app to reach the people in your life.
– Installs quickly. It’s less than 10MB to download!
– Saves data. It loads fast, runs efficiently and uses less mobile data.
– Works everywhere. Reach people when you’re in an area with a slow or unstable internet connection.
With Messenger Lite, you can:
– Contact anyone on Messenger, Facebook or Facebook Lite.
– See when people are active and available to chat.
– Message people one-on-one or in groups to catch up or make plans.
– Send photos, links, or express yourself with stickers.
– Make one-on-one voice and video calls for free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply). Talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries!
How to install Messenger Lite on Chromebook using Play Store
Currently, the Google Play Store is only available for some Chromebooks. Learn which Chromebooks support Android apps.
Note: If you’re using your Chromebook at work or school, you might not be able to add the Google Play Store or download Android apps. For more information, contact your administrator.
Step 1: Get the Google Play Store app
1. Update your Chromebook software
To get Android apps on your Chromebook, make sure your Chrome OS version is up-to-date. Learn how to update your Chromebook’s operating system.
2. Sign in to the Google Play Store
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- In the “Google Play Store” section, next to “Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook,” select Turn on.
Note: If you don’t see this option, your Chromebook doesn’t work with Android apps.
- In the window that appears, select More.
- You’ll be prompted to agree to the Terms of Service. When you’ve read and agreed, select I Agree.
Step 2: Get Messenger Lite app
Now, you can find and download Messenger Lite app on your Chromebook.
Your Chromebook won’t automatically download the same Android apps as your phone or tablet, so you’ll need to download them again. Also, some apps don’t work with some Chromebooks, so you won’t be able to download them.
Note: The Google Play Store and any downloaded Android apps are only available for the account that signed in first. To use them with a different account, sign out of all your accounts and sign in with the account you want to use.
How to Install Messenger Lite on Chromebook using APK
If your Chromebook doesn’t support installing apps from the Google Play Store, don’t worry, there is another way.
Thankfully, you can always sideload Android apps through APK files but Chromebook natively does not support these files. The good news is, there’s a way to install APK files on Chromebook and that’s what we are about to tell you. So, without further ado, let’s get on with it, shall we?
To install APKs, you will have to enable “Unknown Sources” and the option is only available on Chromebooks with developer mode enabled. To do it, check out our detailed post on how to enable developer mode on Chromebook.
Here are the steps to install Messenger Lite APK file on Chromebook:
- Firstly, you have to install a file manager Android app from the Play Store. So, open up the Play Store and install the file manager you want. We used Solid Explorer in our test.
- Download the Messenger Lite APK file of apps you want to install from the link below. Meanwhile, go to Chrome OS Settings and click on “App Settings” in the Android Apps section.
- Android like the Settings page should open up. Here, go to Security and turn on “Unknown sources”.
- Once the APK file is downloaded, open the file manager app and go to the Downloads folder. Here, open the APK file and you should see the usual app installation interface from Android. Press “Install“.
- The app installation might take a little longer than usual but the good news is, all the APKs we tried to install, did install without any fuss. Once the app is installed, tap “Open” to start using the app.
Download and install the latest version of Messenger Lite APK for Chromebook
Messenger Lite APK Technical informations
Requirement: Android 4.0+
User Rating: 9.0 of 10 | null votes
Download APK(10.0 MB)
So that is how to download and install Messenger Lite APK on Chromebook, if you find any trouble about it, please leave a comment below.