Download the latest version of File Commander APK for Chromebook. Yes, there is a way to install File Commander on Chromebook. File Commander is developed by MobiSystems, you can download and use it on your Chromebook for free.
File Commander description from MobiSystems
File Commander is a powerful file manager that allows you to handle any file on your Android device, cloud storage or network location via a clean and intuitive interface. Fully optimized for Android P, File Commander is loaded with features – Vault security, Recycle Bin, Storage Analyzer, File Converter & also receive 5GB Free storage on MobiSystems Drive.
ACCESS & MANAGE FILES
• Find files easily from the fully-customizable Home screen with quick access tiles
• Categories for your Music, Picture, and Video files, along with sections for Archives, Documents, and more
• Integrated Audio & Video players
• Support for the most popular cloud services: Google Drive, DropBox, Box & Microsoft OneDrive
• Recycle Bin* allows you to restore & manage deleted files
• Easily manage external storage such as microSD cards and USB OTG drives (if supported)
• Access to hidden files and folders* – see system protected data
• Quickly pick up where you left off using the Recent files feature
• PC File Transfer – manage & transfer your files and folders directly from your PC
• Add files to archives to save space and data
• Bookmark* favorite files & folders for faster access
• Link up with nearby devices via Bluetooth
• Login profile can save your app settings and personalizations across devices
• Access Windows/SMB based local network locations, FTP/FTPS servers & Remote shares (for Sony Xperia devices)
• Get 5GB of FREE storage (or up to 50GB for Premium) to safely store your files
• Share any files & folders without limitations
• Available Offline – Convenient access to selected MobiSystems Drive files even without an internet or data connection
• The Storage Analyzer* shows detailed information on what takes up space
• Provides suggestions on what can be deleted or moved to free up storage
• Analyzes internal and external storage locations
• File Commander’s Vault allows you to protect your sensitive data
• Select desired files & folders and secure them from prying eyes
• Strong password encryption ensures no one can access your files but you
• File Commander incorporates a file conversion** service which allows you to convert from more than 1200 different file formats
• Work with virtually all available file formats such as: PDF, DOCX, XLSX, EPUB, MOBI, HTML, TXT, GIF, JPG, FLAC, MP3, MP4, M4A CSV, BMP, PPTX, TIFF, and many more
* This feature is available as part of File Commander Premium.
** Unlimited conversions available to File Commander Premium users.
File Commander granted permissions – http://www.mobisystems.com/android/file-commander-professional/permissions/
How to install File Commander on Chromebook using Play Store
Currently, the Google Play Store is only available for some Chromebooks. Learn which Chromebooks support Android apps.
Note: If you’re using your Chromebook at work or school, you might not be able to add the Google Play Store or download Android apps. For more information, contact your administrator.
Step 1: Get the Google Play Store app
1. Update your Chromebook software
To get Android apps on your Chromebook, make sure your Chrome OS version is up-to-date. Learn how to update your Chromebook’s operating system.
2. Sign in to the Google Play Store
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- In the “Google Play Store” section, next to “Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook,” select Turn on.
Note: If you don’t see this option, your Chromebook doesn’t work with Android apps.
- In the window that appears, select More.
- You’ll be prompted to agree to the Terms of Service. When you’ve read and agreed, select I Agree.
Step 2: Get File Commander app
Now, you can find and download File Commander app on your Chromebook.
Your Chromebook won’t automatically download the same Android apps as your phone or tablet, so you’ll need to download them again. Also, some apps don’t work with some Chromebooks, so you won’t be able to download them.
Note: The Google Play Store and any downloaded Android apps are only available for the account that signed in first. To use them with a different account, sign out of all your accounts and sign in with the account you want to use.
How to Install File Commander on Chromebook using APK
If your Chromebook doesn’t support installing apps from the Google Play Store, don’t worry, there is another way.
Thankfully, you can always sideload Android apps through APK files but Chromebook natively does not support these files. The good news is, there’s a way to install APK files on Chromebook and that’s what we are about to tell you. So, without further ado, let’s get on with it, shall we?
To install APKs, you will have to enable “Unknown Sources” and the option is only available on Chromebooks with developer mode enabled. To do it, check out our detailed post on how to enable developer mode on Chromebook.
Here are the steps to install File Commander APK file on Chromebook:
- Firstly, you have to install a file manager Android app from the Play Store. So, open up the Play Store and install the file manager you want. We used Solid Explorer in our test.
- Download the File Commander APK file of apps you want to install from the link below. Meanwhile, go to Chrome OS Settings and click on “App Settings” in the Android Apps section.
- Android like the Settings page should open up. Here, go to Security and turn on “Unknown sources”.
- Once the APK file is downloaded, open the file manager app and go to the Downloads folder. Here, open the APK file and you should see the usual app installation interface from Android. Press “Install“.
- The app installation might take a little longer than usual but the good news is, all the APKs we tried to install, did install without any fuss. Once the app is installed, tap “Open” to start using the app.
Download and install the latest version of File Commander APK for Chromebook
File Commander APK Technical informations
Requirement: Android 4.2+
User Rating: 8.9 of 10 | 46 votes
Download XAPK(16.4 MB)
So that is how to download and install File Commander APK on Chromebook, if you find any trouble about it, please leave a comment below.