Download and install Cisco Webex Meetings APK for Chromebook
Download the latest version of Cisco Webex Meetings APK for Chromebook. Yes, there is a way to install Cisco Webex Meetings on Chromebook. Cisco Webex Meetings is developed by Cisco Systems, Inc., you can download and use it on your Chromebook for free.
Cisco Webex Meetings description from Cisco Systems, Inc.
Don’t let being away from the office slow your business down. Experience engaging, productive meetings from wherever you are.
Cisco Webex Meetings delivers over 6 billion meetings per month, offering industry-leading video and audio conferencing with sharing, chat, and more. Experience why more people use Webex Meetings than all other meeting vendors combined.
• Join and present from any meeting, event, or training session
• Hands-free voice commands with Google Assistant and Google Home Hub
• Seamless joining directly from your calendar or customizable widget
• Schedule meetings or playback recordings directly from your app
• Customizable video layouts
• Share your screen to everyone
Want to learn more? See https://help.webex.com/article/nowvmhw.
• Twitter – https://twitter.com/webex
• Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/CiscoCollab
By installing this application, you are accepting the Terms of Service (http://www.webex.com/terms-of-service-text.html) and Privacy Statement (https://www.cisco.com/web/siteassets/legal/privacy.html) and are consenting to receive communications, updates, and upgrades for Cisco Webex services. Cisco Webex may collect meeting usage data and personal information, such as your email address, from your computer or device.
What’s New in Version 40.4.1?
• Additional language support (Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian)
• Google Assistant and Google Home scheduler voice command support
• Webex Training breakout session support in VoIP Only sessions
• Smart Meeting improvement – low battery detection
• Usability improvements
• Bug fixes
Old information to be transferred to Collabhelp Usage Guide
Android OS 5.0+
Dual-core CPU is required for video.
Webex service is not available in all countries. See www.webex.com for information.
How to install Cisco Webex Meetings on Chromebook using Play Store
Currently, the Google Play Store is only available for some Chromebooks. Learn which Chromebooks support Android apps.
Note: If you’re using your Chromebook at work or school, you might not be able to add the Google Play Store or download Android apps. For more information, contact your administrator.
Step 1: Get the Google Play Store app
1. Update your Chromebook software
To get Android apps on your Chromebook, make sure your Chrome OS version is up-to-date. Learn how to update your Chromebook’s operating system.
2. Sign in to the Google Play Store
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- In the “Google Play Store” section, next to “Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook,” select Turn on.
Note: If you don’t see this option, your Chromebook doesn’t work with Android apps.
- In the window that appears, select More.
- You’ll be prompted to agree to the Terms of Service. When you’ve read and agreed, select I Agree.
Step 2: Get Cisco Webex Meetings app
Now, you can find and download Cisco Webex Meetings app on your Chromebook.
Your Chromebook won’t automatically download the same Android apps as your phone or tablet, so you’ll need to download them again. Also, some apps don’t work with some Chromebooks, so you won’t be able to download them.
Note: The Google Play Store and any downloaded Android apps are only available for the account that signed in first. To use them with a different account, sign out of all your accounts and sign in with the account you want to use.
How to Install Cisco Webex Meetings on Chromebook using APK
If your Chromebook doesn’t support installing apps from the Google Play Store, don’t worry, there is another way.
Thankfully, you can always sideload Android apps through APK files but Chromebook natively does not support these files. The good news is, there’s a way to install APK files on Chromebook and that’s what we are about to tell you. So, without further ado, let’s get on with it, shall we?
To install APKs, you will have to enable “Unknown Sources” and the option is only available on Chromebooks with developer mode enabled. To do it, check out our detailed post on how to enable developer mode on Chromebook.
Here are the steps to install Cisco Webex Meetings APK file on Chromebook:
- Firstly, you have to install a file manager Android app from the Play Store. So, open up the Play Store and install the file manager you want. We used Solid Explorer in our test.
- Download the Cisco Webex Meetings APK file of apps you want to install from the link below. Meanwhile, go to Chrome OS Settings and click on “App Settings” in the Android Apps section.
- Android like the Settings page should open up. Here, go to Security and turn on “Unknown sources”.
- Once the APK file is downloaded, open the file manager app and go to the Downloads folder. Here, open the APK file and you should see the usual app installation interface from Android. Press “Install“.
- The app installation might take a little longer than usual but the good news is, all the APKs we tried to install, did install without any fuss. Once the app is installed, tap “Open” to start using the app.
Download and install the latest version of Cisco Webex Meetings APK for Chromebook
Cisco Webex Meetings APK Technical informations
Requirement: Android 5.0+
User Rating: 10.0 of 10 | 2 votes
Download APK(46.9 MB)
So that is how to download and install Cisco Webex Meetings APK on Chromebook, if you find any trouble about it, please leave a comment below.