Download and install 2ndLine – Second Phone Number APK for Chromebook
Download the latest version of 2ndLine APK for Chromebook. Yes, there is a way to install 2ndLine on Chromebook. 2ndLine is developed by TextNow, Inc., you can download and use it on your Chromebook for free.
2ndLine description from TextNow, Inc.
2ndLine is a second US or Canada phone number that works on your smartphone, tablets as a full-featured business phone system, designed for mobile professionals, freelancers, and entrepreneurs. Call and message from a separate number on devices you and your team already have, via Wi-Fi or your existing cellular network, with anyone in the U.S. and Canada.
Local Phone number
Give your friends your very own phone number they can call!
Unlimited Text & Picture Messaging
You can send as many text messages as you want to US & Canada – FREE!
Unlimited Calling to USA and Canada
Make unlimited free phone calls to any phone number in the US & Canada!
Cheap International Calling
Add money or earn free money by completing offers to your account and make low-cost international calls
– Make and receive voice calls
– Emojis, stickers and gifs
– Full picture messaging : send, receive and save pictures!
– Voicemail Transcription: transcript of your voicemail
– Caller ID
– PassCode: keep your messages under lock and key
– Google SmartLock: no need to remember your password
– Call Forwarding
– Signatures: add your own signature to each text
– Customizable text-tone, ringtone & vibration
– Customizable backgrounds
– Assign individual contacts their own ringtone & background
– Quick Reply to easily (and quickly) respond to friends
– Unified inbox: send and receive your texts directly via 2ndLine – use 2ndLine as your one-stop SMS texting app!
-Elastic calling is 2ndLine’s unique ability to have our calls choose the best possible route for your call to improve quality
How to install 2ndLine on Chromebook using Play Store
Currently, the Google Play Store is only available for some Chromebooks. Learn which Chromebooks support Android apps.
Note: If you’re using your Chromebook at work or school, you might not be able to add the Google Play Store or download Android apps. For more information, contact your administrator.
Step 1: Get the Google Play Store app
1. Update your Chromebook software
To get Android apps on your Chromebook, make sure your Chrome OS version is up-to-date. Learn how to update your Chromebook’s operating system.
2. Sign in to the Google Play Store
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- In the “Google Play Store” section, next to “Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook,” select Turn on.
Note: If you don’t see this option, your Chromebook doesn’t work with Android apps.
- In the window that appears, select More.
- You’ll be prompted to agree to the Terms of Service. When you’ve read and agreed, select I Agree.
Step 2: Get 2ndLine app
Now, you can find and download 2ndLine app on your Chromebook.
Your Chromebook won’t automatically download the same Android apps as your phone or tablet, so you’ll need to download them again. Also, some apps don’t work with some Chromebooks, so you won’t be able to download them.
Note: The Google Play Store and any downloaded Android apps are only available for the account that signed in first. To use them with a different account, sign out of all your accounts and sign in with the account you want to use.
How to Install 2ndLine on Chromebook using APK
If your Chromebook doesn’t support installing apps from the Google Play Store, don’t worry, there is another way.
Thankfully, you can always sideload Android apps through APK files but Chromebook natively does not support these files. The good news is, there’s a way to install APK files on Chromebook and that’s what we are about to tell you. So, without further ado, let’s get on with it, shall we?
To install APKs, you will have to enable “Unknown Sources” and the option is only available on Chromebooks with developer mode enabled. To do it, check out our detailed post on how to enable developer mode on Chromebook.
Here are the steps to install 2ndLine APK file on Chromebook:
- Firstly, you have to install a file manager Android app from the Play Store. So, open up the Play Store and install the file manager you want. We used Solid Explorer in our test.
- Download the 2ndLine APK file of apps you want to install from the link below. Meanwhile, go to Chrome OS Settings and click on “App Settings” in the Android Apps section.
- Android like the Settings page should open up. Here, go to Security and turn on “Unknown sources”.
- Once the APK file is downloaded, open the file manager app and go to the Downloads folder. Here, open the APK file and you should see the usual app installation interface from Android. Press “Install“.
- The app installation might take a little longer than usual but the good news is, all the APKs we tried to install, did install without any fuss. Once the app is installed, tap “Open” to start using the app.
Download and install the latest version of 2ndLine APK for Chromebook
2ndLine APK Technical informations
Requirement: Android 5.0+
User Rating: 8.5 of 10 | 211 votes
Download XAPK(44.7 MB)
So that is how to download and install 2ndLine APK on Chromebook, if you find any trouble about it, please leave a comment below.